Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Midnight thoughts

It might not be a big thing - a tone of voice, a missed birthday, a delayed reply or an insensitive remark but it's everything accumulated that makes it the last straw causing you to break down into tears and wallow in self-pity. 

Sometimes I'm not even aware but I do cry for no particular reason maybe because of evocative thoughts or what if it's a symptom of mild depression or anxiety? Maybe I'm over analyzing things but anyway what I do to get over it is watch my favourite TV shows and listen to music and gorge down snacks. They temporarily work but sometimes these recurrent thoughts surface again and the cycle continues and it really sucks. And what makes matters worse is when someone sees you cry. I don't know but maybe it's because I get conscious of how others perceive me and I don't want to appear vulnerable and weak and really messed up. 

Sorry I just had to talk about this. It's just something I've kept to myself and it's quite personal as well. Maybe someone can relate to it and not feel like you're alone. 

No comments: