Friday, June 27, 2014

LEO camp

"I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city i've never been to before."

LEO camp was quite a blast I must say even though I dreaded to go initially because i've a thing about meeting new people and making friends, not exactly the most outgoing person so I thought it might be quite a challenge. Maybe that's why I pushed myself to sign up for freshmen orientation camps in the first place.

Activities weren't super well-organised and time wasn't optimised but I generally had quite a lot of fun hanging out with my small group of 7, the teletubies!!!! Which includes Daphne, Amirah, Brian, Sanath, Brandon, Jonavan and me! First day consisted of playing games and getting to know one another etc, and we had lunch at school before heading off to Aloha Changi Resort. It was actually a chalet (my first time staying at one!) where we had to share 4 rooms among >70 people but yeah we had like our girl time and chatted and honestly, the people whom i've met were genuine and really down-to-earth. Could really connect with them, no barriers and stuff. Could be partly because people who participate in social services activities are generally more approachable and compassionate.

Had games like human caterpillar (which made my butt cheeks hurt) and amazing race and night walk and we had performances and the other usual stuff. Stayed up till 3AM on the second day because no one was willing to sleep and just talked etc. Couldn't be more thankful to have met these bunch of amazing people like Cherilyn, Daphne, Xenia and my other roomies and group members xxx

Right now i'm suffering from mosquito bites from Changi and my sister will finally be back tonight and yeah random fact of the day: my brace bracket fell out, gotta wait for the next dental appointment to have it fixed!!

No comments: