Saturday, November 24, 2012

Fads

So I've been really indecisive with my blog URLs, emails (no it's still the same), and Twitter username, but whatever. It's like a username which you think it's creative suddenly pops up in your mind and you think, "hey that's a pretty good idea", but really, it isn't. So I've returned with my same old username - sheryl13. I feel a little like a copycat, because I used to like Taylor Swift a lot and I like her favourite number as well, 13. And yep, that's how I came up with my email, my tumblr URL, and blogger URL.

The thing is: I don't think that copying others is a big deal. But it gets on your nerves if someone just copies off your idea without your permission repeatedly. Like copying once or twice, or thrice is alright. I mean it's normal that friends have the same taste in music, clothes etc.

But now?

 

I hate it when people wear certain clothes just because it's the hype. Seriously? There used to be a skinny jeans fad, wearing oversized sunglasses, and crocs, the trending shoes. Yes, crocs are really comfortable and convenient, but they tend to look a little hideous. No offence, really. The dark coloured ones look fine, but not the super bright coloured ones.

It's not only about fashion trends, it involves music artists as well. I wonder if the "fans" truly like their music, or it's because the music group is currently trending right now. Liking them because you want to fit in to a particular group? Or do you really appreciate their music? Like do you even understand what they are singing?



I'm just saying that everyone should just dress up or do things as what they truly like, not because it's trending right now.

No comments: