Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year

It's New Year's Day, so happy new year I guess? But I'm not really looking forward to "a new beginning and a fresh start" really.

Anyway, went for a countdown party at church yesterday. Super crowded and everyone was so hyped!!!! Had worship as usual and was taught a mass dance which I sucked at, no surprise. The pastors mentioned "what better way to start 2014 in the house of God..." rather than meaningless partying. (Sorry, can't remember the exact phrase!)

Also sang this amazing Hillsong called "Oceans" (Where Feet May Fail) and I fell in love!


Met up with Si Rui before the celebration at Cityhall and it took us forever to find each other haha had lunch and talked loads. I was really chatty. I don't know, I can never run out of things to say when I'm with her. Got home at 2+ A.M. and slept at 4+ A.M. and woke up at 10+ A.M. and made mozzarella cheese with cherry tomatoes for breakfast which I skipped cos I was in a rush. 

Bought this planner and notebook for quiet time from Artbox this afternoon (planner not shown)


Christmas 2013 #mySaviourwasborntoday

"The secularisation of Christmas robs us of its true joy and replaces it with glitter and gold that fades away after the New Year" - Living Life

Christmas is the day that is supposed to commemorate the birth of the Saviour, not a holiday to shop/have a superficial excuse to go to office parties etc. Despite that, I did some Christmas shopping for my dearest family and friends and spent >$100 in the past week. #somuchforsavingup

Bought strawberry & raspberry tea for Shu Yi, camomile tea for William, Operetta for Denise, Claudia and Chia Lynn, Yours Truly for Si Rui, wooden block letters "VAL" for my sister and lastly, almond hand moisturiser for my parents. ♡♡♡ It's a joy to give. 

 Tastes very much like ferrero rocher.
 Cell gift exchange!
Bought these Disney gift tags from Typo! 
Received this lovely fragrance from Si Rui! Thank you so much I love it!
Also got handmade muffins and a letter from Chia Lynn thank you loads!
Made another Tumblr collage for my diary x

Guess what's one of my New Year's resolutions? Well I decided to do quiet time everyday. It's definitely a commitment since I haven't been consistent with doing so but it can be done! 

There's still work tomorrow oh well. Goodnight x 

P.S. I reached my Tumblr goal!!!!! And releasings followed me *fangirling*

No comments: