Monday, March 6, 2017

Crossroad 2.0

It seems like it was just months ago that I made a blog post about being at a crossroad but that was already 3 years back. Looking back, it seemed like I came to a conclusion that I made the wrong decision choosing this course because I wasn't sure of what to pick as no course really piqued an interest in me. And the overseas internship in Finland and Orlando Disneyland made me think that it was a fun course but nope, children you shouldn't be bought into that. In the end, none of those overseas internship even happened because of some VISA restrictions. Don't spontaneously make a decision because something looks fun/exciting. Think long-term!!!

If I knew it would lead to picking a university course that requires me to invest 20-30+K (or even more) and a huge factor that would shape what my future career would be like, maybe I should have gone to JC where I would have studied history or literature because those were the subjects that I truly enjoyed studying and learning in secondary school. They weren't a bore like science (oops). But at that point of time, JC was daunting to me. I was afraid of failing and retaining if I didn't do well because i've heard of it being really stressful. And what if I didn't get good enough grades to land me into university? An A levels cert isn't as worth as a diploma.

These were the thoughts that surfaced my mind. It was a tough time. And right now, I am going through the same thing again. Just that it's worse. It's worse because I didn't do well in poly, so I might not be able to get into a university which means i'll have to get a full-time job for maybe a year and try applying part-time at SIM the next year.

I don't know why i'm sharing so much online but I feel like I needed to let it out somewhere and it's a monumental moment that i've to remember regardless of what happens next.

Lord, please help me through this crucial period. I know You have the best plans for me but I feel so discouraged and stressed, I don't know if the courses i'm picking are right. Help me to trust in You and give thanks no matter what the future holds. Please help me get into a university and may my application be successful. Amen.

xx,
Sheryl

No comments: