Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Spiritual dryness

Hi. To anyone reading this, have you ever experienced what it's like to be "spiritually dry"? Feeling very distant from God, losing the motivation to pray, to give thanks, to do daily devotion, to just maintain a relationship with Him? Because that's what i've been feeling for the past year and this seems like it's such a long time.

So what happened was that my mum stopped allowing me to go to church for both service and cell group during school periods. But during the holidays, when i'm allowed to go, I no longer feel motivated or yearn to attend service when it's the basic thing any Christian would do. I feel detached from the cell group because I haven't seen them for such a long time, sometimes even distant from God. And it scares me - how easy it is to come to this stage. It's like a ripple effect, first it just started from something like a parental objection and it turns to this.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm kind of exhausted... I feel like I want to turn this situation around but nothing is happening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't prayed in a long time. I've pretty much forgotten what it's like to be spiritual or religious. I was once someone who considered himself very Christian. I think it's dependent on how you are raised to view and analyze the world. Some people start spiritual forever and unreligious people end up believing. Everyone ends up having this thought or crisis in some cases.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.