Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fulfilling week

Holidays are coming to an end unfortunately, but i'm trying my best to be optimistic. This week has been pretty fulfilling!

Went to Fairprice Xtra with my mum and dad on Monday. Grocery shopping with my parents makes me feel happy. You can just grab your favourite snacks off the shelves and they will most likely pay for it. Haha i'm just kidding but it's the company that makes the whole trip worthwhile! I wanted to bake almond cookies called "mother-in-law tongues" found in my dad's recipe book (what a cute and quirky name) but being an amateur, the whole thing was disastrous. Threw away almost everything which made my heart break a bit because we specially went to Cold Storage to get some extra ingredients. This totally reminds me of my failed cookie cups. However the recipe was pretty vague haha and I kinda added the baking powder at the last minute. #tryingtovalidatemyfailure

Half of Tuesday was spent with Doris in school. Had mcdonalds and did some catching up! Apparently FC4 Koufu relocated to the new building. So not ready for school to start. #helpme

Wednesday was spent baking again! Baked chocolate chip cookies and the recipe was straightforward and simple and I used it before. Was my 2nd attempt baking alone and I had music playing. Was so fun baking alone! It's really comforting and relaxing. Gonna do this again sometime when i'm free. I get happy really easily, but it's the same as the opposite. Took me about 3 hours in total then I headed to the gym to accompany my sis! Was surprisingly crowded and I don't know why but I felt pretty intimated by the guys in the gym.

Today my parents and I brought Boy to Pet Lovers for his much-needed grooming session! The weather was unbearable and the pavement was too hot for his paws so we took turns to carry him home. Carrying him can really gain you muscles because he's a whopping 10kg heavy! Plus my body was already aching from gym yesterday. #imsuchagooddogowner

Had brunch at East Manhattan which was located nearby! Was pretty pricey. Food was average. But ambience was pretty cozy!

Really appreciate spending quality time with them, they make me happy. I usually don't plan anything with my friends on Mondays and Thursdays unless it's school related because it's the only time they are available and free from work! 

See you guys in a bit! x

No comments: