Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year resolutions

New year, fresh start and new resolutions right?

I'm making it a point to have it all thought out and published because there are some things that I certainly need to work on and writing it out here will probably push me to really keep them and incorporate them in my lifestyle.

So here you go!

1) Exercise regularly
ESP during holidays!

2) Sleep before 1:30AM everyday
Really essential to have plenty of rest!!!

3) To stop napping
Naps can be unhealthy because they normally make me feel groggy and disorientated and they interfere with my nighttime sleeping. And according to research, you can die prematurely if you nap too much!!!!! Just stick to resolutions no. 2 and 6 and naps will no longer be necessary!

4) To have a healthy diet
Consisting strictly of no deep fried food, fast food, soft and sugared drinks (including cartoned fruit juices), confectionery and snacks, frozen and packaged food, and maggie noodles. Eat loads of veggies and fruits and make juices during the weekends!!!! Treat day once every 2 weeks. (Notice I used "treat" instead of "cheat" because as much as I crave these unhealthy food, having a good diet isn't a punishment and I think is something I really might enjoy given that I really have made improvements in terms of my diet since last year compared to previous years where I would carefreely indulge in all kinds of food. But as of now, i've been making a conscientious effort to eat everything in moderation. Although there are missteps along the way, it's perfectly normal. Perfection is unattainable and just get back on track!!!!)

5) Drink plenty of water everyday
8 cups a day.

6) Revise consistently
Consistency is key! Keep a list of small and attainable things to accomplish every week. I'm sure this will lessen my workload and stressfulness when it comes to exam period (which is after Chinese New Year wow).

7) Join a new CCA

8) To take more pictures

9) Spend more time with my family, friends and cellies
To show concern for them through words of affirmation, acts of service, and surprise them with gifts and short letters!!!

10) Write a thanksgiving each day

As for my faith goals...

11) Guard my time with God through daily devotion and prayers

12) To go for encounter camp

13) To put God into consideration whenever I make decisions because I can't work without Him
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

14) To faithfully do what my leaders ask me to
Even if the appointed tasks seem daunting, one thing's for sure that God will never put me through anything I can't handle.  

15) To pray for my family's and friends' salvation

This verse really puts my heart at ease knowing that even amidst everything going through my life, there's only one constant and that's God's everlasting love for me and that He will never leave nor forsake me. "That's right. Because I, your God, have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go. I'm telling you, 'Don't panic. I'm right here to help you.'" Isaiah 41:13

Even as I was thinking of what goals I should include, I went back to my 2014 New Year resolutions post and I found out that actually 6 out of 12 of them are included here just that they are more specific. And even if I break any resolutions, it's okay, don't worry. I'll just work on them everyday knowing that I can achieve them step by step!!! It's possible!!!!!!!!! 

I think 1/3 of my brain is fried after thinking for more than an hour on what my resolutions should be and doing research on the list of food I should avoid... But better set it in black and white than a day later right?

No comments: