Sunday, August 9, 2015

Happy 50th birthday, Singapore!

Spent my national day at home, trying to study for IHRO next tuesday, which is really close, in 2 days' time. Anyway back to the topic, i'm honestly really thankful that i'm Singaporean, even though I do always complain about the humid and unbearable weather here, and how expensive everything here is sold at. But I believe that my parents' decision of moving to Singapore is part of God's plan. I may not fully comprehend what He has in store for my family and I, but i'm blessed to be living in a country where it's really secure, clean, led by an honest and efficient government, (and I can go on and on...) You can definitely choose to have a negative perception of our country and her flaws, but shouldn't we all be at least grateful for everything we have?

I'm amazed by the accomplishments our country has achieved just within 5 decades, and I can only give the due credit to our late founding father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew and the pioneer generation. Thanks for standing up for our country and having unwavering and firm beliefs of what is right in your eyes. 

Thank God for Singapore.

xxx
Sheryl

No comments: